One thing that I love about my new life as a blogger is that I feel like I have acquired a new set of friends . . . cyber friends! It all starts with a “like” at the bottom of a post, then there is a “tweet”, then a shy comment, and finally comes the “follow”. And there you are, connected through an invisible thread to hundreds of people all over the word. People that you will most likely never meet, yet you share with each other a small part of your life in this fantastic world where the only requirements are to be polite and respectful of each other.
It is in my blogger’s world that I gained a new friend, Tea & Biscotti, a blogger from UK, in her own words: “ English by birth, Italian by choice”. I think you can see the connection here!
By Tea & Biscotti, I have been recently honored with a nomination for an award! Yes, you heard it . . . an award!
Well, let me clarify. It is not actually an award, but rather a recognition from other bloggers.
It sounds pretty amazing to me to think that the delightful Tea & Biscotti finds my blog interesting enough not only to read it herself, but also to be worthy of others’ attention.
Needless to say, I am excited to accept the Versatile Blogger Award.
Few rules to follow when one accepts the award:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or that you follow regularly. (I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to the VBA site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So, first and foremost, MILLE GRAZIE to Tea & Biscotti; not only has she nominated me for this award, she has also been following my blog and my tweets, and she has often shown her support. You should definitely check out her blog. It is full of surprises, it’s joyful and loving when speaking about her “Bambina”, is sensitive when speaking of social issues, and mostly, it makes you feel in a good mood.
Selecting my 15 nominatios has not been an easy task. Not because I couldn’t find enough blogs/bloggers worth of the award, but rather because I could find something interesting in so many.
But a choice must to be made so here they are, in no particular order, My Top 15:
- Zen and Genki
- Meg Travels
- GREENWORDCHEF’S BLOG
- Our Italian Table
- Going Dutch
- Daniel C. Doolan’s News Updates
- Homemade Delish
- Finger, Fork & Knife
- Food Lover’s Odyssey
- Manipal’s Photo Blog
- napoli unplugged
- Juls’ Kitchen
Lastly, My 7 little things about me:
- When dining out I NEVER skip dessert.
- I always wear my pearls.
- My biggest accomplishment is my two wonderful sons . . . the joy of my life.
- My inspiration to become an architect came from the Greeks temples of Paestum and . . . The Jetsons cartoons! (I know you are wondering).
- My dream is one day to live in a little house on the beach.
- I cannot go to sleep if I don’t have a piece of chocolate.
- I love Prosecco!
To all my nominees: you are not bound to accept my nomination and please, accept my apology if you have already received this award.